Monday 19 August 2013

NOTD: Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Rouge Noir



After having a bit of a rant in my Top 5 Summer Nail Polishes video about the poor quality of Chanel nail polishes, I feel rather sheepish while I type away at this post with my deep red - you could say Red Black ;) - nails. In my defence, it was raining and after watching Love Actually in my Snowman onesie, I felt worryingly festive. The mint greens and pale pinks just weren't doing it for me polish wise and so I grabbed the first maroon-y colour I could find ... just so happened that it was the infamous Chanel Rouge Noir. Oops. 

Two coats later and I was pretty impressed with the application. Quick to dry and super glossy, this can't be the Chanel nail polish I know. Can it? A top coat was whipped on - Sally Hansen Double Duty FYI - and I went on with my day with an uneasy feeling but damn, my nails looked good! 

A couple of days in and there is not a chip to be seen. Although I am still pretty dubious about Chanel's Nail Polish line, I do think I maybe was originally a bit harsh on the old Classic that is Rouge Noir. Yes they are atrociously expensive but a little bit of Chanel in my life can't be a bad thing! 


Kathleen x

No comments:

Post a Comment